ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT TO BIODIVERSITY
Procedures are carried out to receive compensation, economic incentives, investments or donations for the protection of the environment with environmental projects.
- ENVIRONMENTAL COMPENSATION: by water, ecological, or carbon footprint. Environmental compensations have been used as a mechanism to compensate the effects generated on the water, flora or fauna in Colombia by the exercise of human activities. These must be carried out in the areas surrounding the environmental damage and, if a protected area is found within this margin, it can be requested that environmental management be carried out there.
- Assessment of the water footprint of private companies or individuals
- Evaluation of the ecological footprint of private companies or individuals.
- Evaluation of the carbon footprint of private companies or individuals.
- ECONOMIC INCENTIVES:
- CLEAN DEVELOPMENT MECHANISMS: It is a procedure contemplated in the Kyoto Protocol (PK) in which developed countries can finance projects to mitigate greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions within developing countries, and receive in exchange Reduction Certificates of Emissions, which have a monetary value, and with this, they meet their own reduction commitment.
- FOREST INCENTIVE FOR CONSERVATION: Economic recognition granted by the State to land owners (public or private) for the conservation of natural forest.
- FOREST INCENTIVE TO CONSERVATION:
- PAYMENT FOR ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES: It is a voluntary economic transaction with conservation approaches that aim to transfer positive incentives to legal or natural persons that carry out projects that protect the environment.
- PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTION FOR PROPERTIES WITH NATURAL FOREST COVERAGE.
- FINANCIAL IMPLEMENTATION OF THE POMCA: Economic resources are requested to protect water basins, when these are expressly found in the POMCA.